Wednesday, October 11, 2017

01/09/13 WITH BULGING CHEEK

01/09/13 WITH BULGING CHEEK

I sometimes post tongue-in-cheek stories, either for fun or to make a point. Some of them were shown to a professional writer. He contacted me and asked if I would like a full time job writing, so I said yes.

A couple of days later I got a visit from U.S. Secret Service Agents, who delivered a message from President Hussein, instructing me to respond on the secured phone they had with them.

The message said I was invited to write for his Press Secretary, Jay Carney.

Flattered, I called the President and asked if it was my command of the English language or my frank political insights that appealed to him.

"Neither," he said. "It was your ability to tell a lie and make it look true."

12/31/13 A CONSIDERATION AND A CHALLENGE FOR THE NEW YEAR.

12/31/13 A CONSIDERATION AND A CHALLENGE FOR THE NEW YEAR. Consideration... If a coach told his team everyday that they could not win their...