Saturday, October 14, 2017

04/01/13 YOU GOTTA KNOW THE PLAYERS

04/01/13 YOU GOTTA KNOW THE PLAYERS

In January, when I first saw the title, "Why I hate Religion, but Love Jesus," I figured it was another shallow, but well intended, attempt to turn people to Jesus. If numbers mean anything, then Jefferson Bethke is a spiritual superstar with his video and various forms of presenting his version (perversion) of the gospel. But numbers and appeal can be misleading. And one man's "gospel" can actually be "another gospel." Anyway, I did not look into it at the time, but last night, on "Huckabee," I heard a blurb from Bethke's video and decided I should at least check out the doctrinal basis of this guy.

From the little bit I heard, I figured he believes in sinning religion. So, I suspected he is shallow and then I suspected he promotes sinning religion. I have done some research this morning and I was right on both counts. But it gets worse. He is "emergent."

He comes from the Mars Hill Church, led (misled) by Mark Driscoll ("The Cussing Preacher"). Actually, Driscoll's cussing is not even the most repulsive and anti-Biblical part of his "wolf in sheep's clothing" religion. Both Driscoll and Bethke say some things that are true, but sugar coated cyanide is still lethal. So I would suggest you avoid them totally.

Anyway. I just wanted to mention it, as a heads up for those of you who are wanting to follow Jesus fully and avoid the pitfalls of false doctrines, false teachers and a false hope.

12/31/13 A CONSIDERATION AND A CHALLENGE FOR THE NEW YEAR.

12/31/13 A CONSIDERATION AND A CHALLENGE FOR THE NEW YEAR. Consideration... If a coach told his team everyday that they could not win their...