Friday, October 20, 2017

08/19/13 IT'S NOT ABOUT "ME"

08/19/13 IT'S NOT ABOUT "ME"
(I took this quote from Martha Gould)

Martha Said
I have been thinking lately about today's "ME" attitude that seems to be all around us.

I am thankful for the generation I was able to watch while I was growing up and before you think it let me say it: "they were not perfect". Ok, now that I acknowledged that let me continue.

My generation, (early)"1960's, were for the most part not whiners. We had teen issues, dating issues, school issues , etc. Some of the main differences I think were...most of us at least had some moral fiber, someone close to us had some Church or Christian background or influence so with that I believe came some respect for others which I think may have taken "all" the spotlight off of ourselves.

I will say the latter '60's may have been the beginning of the downward spiral for a lot of people.

My challenge to anyone who may read this is to use what you have heard or learned about putting others ahead of yourself so you see them first. Love to you all today!

12/31/13 A CONSIDERATION AND A CHALLENGE FOR THE NEW YEAR.

12/31/13 A CONSIDERATION AND A CHALLENGE FOR THE NEW YEAR. Consideration... If a coach told his team everyday that they could not win their...