Friday, October 13, 2017

03/13/13 OUR SURRENDER IS WHAT HE WANTS

03/13/13 OUR SURRENDER IS WHAT HE WANTS

All I have to contribute to the cause of God is my own surrender, and that by His grace. This is why God continually calls us to Himself. My surrender of self is an acknowledgement that I am totally in need of God, that I am unable to do good or be good (apart from His saving grace), that after I have done everything He commands, I am still an unprofitable servant (which is not to be confused with a sinful servant). I give Him my emptiness, my bankruptcy and He gives me His wealth and His fullness. He takes away my corruption and gives me His holiness.

How sad that people would rather...
Hold to their pride and reject His exaltation.
Hold to their anger and reject His peace.
Hold to their hatred and reject His love.
Hold to their chaos and reject His plan.
Hold to their guilt and reject His forgiveness.
Hold to their evil companions and reject His loving family.

Just some thoughts as I reflect on the human condition and the grace of God. There is nothing more practical to the human purpose than the presence of Christ in our lives.

12/31/13 A CONSIDERATION AND A CHALLENGE FOR THE NEW YEAR.

12/31/13 A CONSIDERATION AND A CHALLENGE FOR THE NEW YEAR. Consideration... If a coach told his team everyday that they could not win their...