Tuesday, October 17, 2017

06/16/13 GOD IS GOOD

06/16/13 GOD IS GOOD

Neither my mom nor dad were saved when I was born. It would not happen in their lives until many, many years later. But even so, when I was very, very young, daddy would tell me what little Bible stories he knew and he would tell me, as his mother had told him, that Jesus loved me and wanted to live in my heart.

The Holy Spirit took the truths daddy told me and by the time I was three years old I asked Jesus to come into my heart, and... HE DID, Praise His Name, and, He called me to preach, Praise His Name.

For years, daddy would take me to churches on Sundays, drop me off and then come back to take me home. Eventually he and mama started to come with me. It would not be until I was in college that either of them gave their hearts to the Lord. Even then, they did not always have a supporting church to lead them in the truth or build their faith. Still, I trust, from the things I heard after their passing, that they both had a personal relationship with Christ when they died.

Two thoughts...
1- If God could reach me through such a simple sharing of Biblical truth, what can He do through parents that are actually saved?

2- It was the sharing of the Bible that he had heard when he was a child that eventually came back to reach daddy and mama. God is so good.

I loved mama and daddy more than words can tell, but how much more wonderful it would have been if they had known Jesus all those years.

12/31/13 A CONSIDERATION AND A CHALLENGE FOR THE NEW YEAR.

12/31/13 A CONSIDERATION AND A CHALLENGE FOR THE NEW YEAR. Consideration... If a coach told his team everyday that they could not win their...