Wednesday, October 18, 2017

07/16/13 SPORTAPHOR (metaphor from sports)...

07/16/13 SPORTAPHOR (metaphor from sports)...

Recently I got a doctors report that pointed out a little problem in my overall condition. This explained some things I have been experiencing through the years. The situation is not necessarily devastating, but it did have a negative impact on my viewpoint. I became less excited about my workouts, somewhat discouraged (emphasis on SOMEWHAT) about my condition and prospects for recovery. My age and condition (through heredity, victimization and personal activities) tend toward simply resigning to the inevitable state of defeat. Of course, I have not resigned.

SPIRITUAL APPLICATION...
However, it made me think about those poor people who do not know or believe that Christ can and does give victory over all sin. They are overwhelmed by hopelessness. They have resigned to sinning religion. While it is true that our outer man is dying, being destroyed day by day, it is also true for those who trust Christ, walk in faith, live in the Spirit, that their inner man is being renewed day by day as they follow Christ in victory.

If you believe you are condemned to defeat, you will be defeated (whether physically or spiritually). If you believe Jesus saves His people from their sins, saves and cleanses from all sin, purifies even as He is pure, delivers us from the old man (carnal mind, the flesh, double mindedness), leads us into all truth and not into temptation, but delivers us from the evil one and keeps us from stumbling and sinning, you will be more than a conqueror who walks in triumph.

12/31/13 A CONSIDERATION AND A CHALLENGE FOR THE NEW YEAR.

12/31/13 A CONSIDERATION AND A CHALLENGE FOR THE NEW YEAR. Consideration... If a coach told his team everyday that they could not win their...