Wednesday, October 18, 2017

07/20/13 METAPHORIC...

07/20/13 METAPHORIC...

I had a friend who wanted to visit me, but he lived a distance away. He has never been here, so I sent him a map, with personal notations on how to get to my house. A week after his expected arrival I called his family, and they said he left home nine days earlier. His family then reported him missing.

A week later I got a call from law enforcement. They had found personal items belonging to my friend, as well as the map I had sent him. When I asked what happened to him and where they found these things, they said that my friend apparently had drawn his own map on the back of my directions, which marooned him in the Great Dismal Swamp. My friend never did like to follow directions; he always wanted to do things his own way.

Sadly, there are great numbers of people who have rejected or exchanged God's map to heaven (the Bible) for their own ideas. They want to be Christians and go to heaven, but they don't want to do it God's way. The Bible says, "There is a way that seems right to a man, but the end of that way is death." Those who reject the revelation of God's word, the Bible, will end up in the Great Dismal Swamp of Eternity. Jesus is The Way, The Truth and The Life, no man comes to the Father, but by Him.

AND REMEMBER...
God said that we cannot add to, or take from, what He has said, without suffering the eternal consequences.

Proverbs 14:12
(12) There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.

John 14:6
(6) Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Acts 4:12
(12) Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

Revelation 22:18-19
(18) For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:
(19) And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

12/31/13 A CONSIDERATION AND A CHALLENGE FOR THE NEW YEAR.

12/31/13 A CONSIDERATION AND A CHALLENGE FOR THE NEW YEAR. Consideration... If a coach told his team everyday that they could not win their...