Wednesday, October 18, 2017

07/21/13 At Least The Dog Gets The Bones...

07/21/13 At Least The Dog Gets The Bones...

I have often known people who were facing terrible situations in life, either in their own life or in the life of a loved one, including such tragedies as impending death, looming paralysis, devastating disease, family disintegration, infidelity, heinous crime (either as victim or victimizer), total financial collapse, drastic legal action, invasive surgery or secret sins out of control. They have asked me to pray, because they knew that the only way the problem could be resolved would be through a divine miracle. So, I pray, along with others, and God heard our prayers and delivered the needy person from the imminent threat. When I saw the person, at a later date, I would ask them how that situation was going.

HERE IS THE SAD PART...
My friend would tell me, either nonchalantly or with a thankless tone, that everything was fine... as if it was never a big deal or the outcome was a matter of personal achievement, or professional accomplishment (medical, legal, business), or even luck.

As I said, at least the dog gets the bones, but God does not even get a nod.
Two things to consider,
1- Anybody can be thankful and express appreciation, and
2- God is a jealous God.

Remember...

When God's mercy is rejected, His judgment should be expected.

12/31/13 A CONSIDERATION AND A CHALLENGE FOR THE NEW YEAR.

12/31/13 A CONSIDERATION AND A CHALLENGE FOR THE NEW YEAR. Consideration... If a coach told his team everyday that they could not win their...