Tuesday, October 17, 2017

06/15/13 WHAT HAS THE SAVIOR DONE FOR YOU?

06/15/13 WHAT HAS THE SAVIOR DONE FOR YOU?

It is interesting to note the things that cause people who call themselves Christians, to rejoice.

THREE VIEWS
1, Some rejoice because they believe God does not require them to stop sinning and that they will not be separated from God, though they allow sin in their lives.

2. Some rejoice because they believe they are inherently good enough or disciplined enough to live without sinning and therefore think they earn a right relationship with God.

3. Some rejoice because God has forgiven them of all their sins and He delivers them from the pollution and power of sin every day.

Words from hymn, What A Wonderful Savior, by Elisha Hoffman, 1891.


Hoffman was ordained and served in the Presbyterian Church for over 50 years.
He also wrote over 2000 songs. Here are a few that you really should know: Are You Washed In The Blood; Down At The Cross; I Must Tell Jesus; Is Your All On The Altar; Leaning On The Everlasting Arms; Power For Service; Where Will You Spend Eternity.
If you would like to see these songs and hear the tunes, go to cyberhymnal.org

I hope you will read the words to this song. My guess is that some of you have never heard it or seen it before. Hoffman wrote the music and it is beautiful also.

WHAT A WONDERFUL SAVIOR...
1 Christ has for sin atonement made
What a wonderful Savior!
We are redeemed, the price is paid
What a wonderful Savior!

Refrain
What a wonderful Savior is Jesus, my Jesus!
What a wonderful Savior is Jesus, my Lord!

2 I praise Him for the cleansing blood
What a wonderful Savior!
That reconciled my soul to God
What a wonderful Savior!

Refrain

3 He cleansed my heart from all its sin
What a wonderful Savior!
And now He reigns and rules therein
What a wonderful Savior!

Refrain

4 He walks beside me in the way:
What a wonderful Savior!
And keeps me faithful day by day;
What a wonderful Savior!

Refrain

5 He gives me overcoming power
What a wonderful Savior!
And triumph in each trying hour
What a wonderful Savior!

Refrain

6 To Him I’ve given all my heart:
What a wonderful Savior!
The world shall never share a part:
What a wonderful Savior!

Refrain

12/31/13 A CONSIDERATION AND A CHALLENGE FOR THE NEW YEAR.

12/31/13 A CONSIDERATION AND A CHALLENGE FOR THE NEW YEAR. Consideration... If a coach told his team everyday that they could not win their...