Friday, October 20, 2017

08/23/13 MEDITATION LEADS TO DEDICATION

08/23/13 MEDITATION LEADS TO DEDICATION

MEDITATION
As we seek God in meditation we open our heart to His searchlight. He then reveals to us that which we need to know and that which we might otherwise be unaware. I referenced the song, "Search Me O God," recently. I have loved this song, (based on Ps. 139:23-24) since the 1960's.

Here is the passage...
Psalms 139:23-24
(23) Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts:
(24) And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.

Here is the song, for those who might want to meditate on its words. Let your meditation lead you to dedication.

Search Me O God
(by Edwin Orr, 1936)

1. Search me, O God,
And know my heart today;
Try me, O Savior,
Know my thoughts, I pray.
See if there be
Some wicked way in me;
Cleanse me from every sin
And set me free.

2. I praise Thee, Lord,
For cleansing me from sin;
Fulfill Thy Word,
And make me pure within.
Fill me with fire
Where once I burned with shame;
Grant my desire
To magnify Thy Name.

3. Lord, take my life,
And make it wholly Thine;
Fill my poor heart
With Thy great love divine.
Take all my will,
My passion, self and pride;
I now surrender, Lord
In me abide.

4. O Holy Ghost,
Revival comes from Thee;
Send a revival,
Start the work in me.
Thy Word declares
Thou wilt supply our need;
For blessings now,
O Lord, I humbly plead.

Dedication (s
urrendering all)
After allowing God to search us and show us our spiritual status, we need to follow up with surrender, full surrender, total surrender, complete surrender.

Here is another great song; "I Surrender All." Satan does not want us to hear the claim of God over us, but if we do hear the message of heart and life purity, Satan does not want us surrender everything to God and trust Him fully for full salvation. This song addresses our need to surrender all.
I Surrender All
(by Judson Wheeler Van De Venter, 1896)

1. All to Jesus, I surrender;
All to Him I freely give;
I will ever love and trust Him,
In His presence daily live.

Refrain
I surrender all, I surrender all,
All to Thee, my blessèd Savior,
I surrender all.

2. All to Jesus I surrender;
Humbly at His feet I bow,
Worldly pleasures all forsaken;
Take me, Jesus, take me now.

Refrain

3. All to Jesus, I surrender;
Make me, Savior, wholly Thine;
Let me feel the Holy Spirit,
Truly know that Thou art mine.

Refrain

4. All to Jesus, I surrender;
Lord, I give myself to Thee;
Fill me with Thy love and power;
Let Thy blessing fall on me.

Refrain

5. All to Jesus I surrender;
Now I feel the sacred flame.
O the joy of full salvation!
Glory, glory, to His Name!

Refrain

12/31/13 A CONSIDERATION AND A CHALLENGE FOR THE NEW YEAR.

12/31/13 A CONSIDERATION AND A CHALLENGE FOR THE NEW YEAR. Consideration... If a coach told his team everyday that they could not win their...